SolarPlus Yorkshire is a trusted company located in Boroughbridge specializing in renewable energy and energy conservation. It was founded by Mark Houldsworth, an electronics engineer with over twenty seven years experience as the MD of Cobra Electrical. Encouraged by his brother, an environmental scientist, Mark trained in renewable energy technologies at the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) in Wales in 2007 and went on to establish a solar panels installation company (Solar Panels 4U) in 2007 – long before the feed-in-tariff was introduced. Since then the company has diversified into other forms of alternative technology – hence the new name SolarPlus.
The philosophy of the company remains the same:
- To thoroughly research alternative technologies before marketing them in order to bring the best possible value for money and the most efficient and reliable products to the consumer.
- To use only the company’s own highly trained staff and to put quality and care before rapid growth.
More Green Technologies
- Solar Edge Otimisers – Optimising the efficiency of every PV (photovoltaic) panel installed and helping to minimise the effects on shading on a PV system. Also giving the option to monitor each PV panel output individually and remotely via a router through to a computer, tablet or phone. www.solaredge.com
- Enphase Micro-Inverters – Helping to minimise the effects on shading on a PV system and also giving the option to monitor each PV panel output individually and remotely via a router through to a computer, tablet or phone. www.enphase.com/uk
- Apex Voltage Optimisers www.apexVO.co.uk
- Geo Display Monitoring Devices, which can be used to show what energy is produced by the solar panels (PV) system, what energy is being consumed at home, or both. www.greenenergyoptions.co.uk
- iBoost - Wireless Automatic Solar Hot Water Immersion Heaters www.marlec.co.uk
- immerSUN - Automatic Solar Hot Water Immersion Heater www.immersun.co.uk
- Wattson Display Devices www.energeno.com
- Owl Knight Energy recording devices
- Honeywell Evo Home System. A clever technology that can be added to a household or small business that can enable remote control via computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone to control your heating or hot water system. We are accredited Honeywell installers to supply and install this technology.
- We can also offer customers the design, supply and installation of Underfloor Heating, and for building projects or self-builds we can offer design and supply only.
- Internal or External Wall Insulation. We are Green Deal accredited installers to supply and install retrospectively this technology that can reduce your heating costs by up to 45%.
- Green-Deal Accredited installers for New and Replacement Boilers.
- Can provide Loft Insulation where addition or replacement materials are required. This can further reduce your energy costs.
SolarPlus Yorkshire Ltd is accredited by NICEIC, "the UK’s leading voluntary regulatory body for the electrical contracting industry".
INDEPENDANT WORKMANSHIP WARRNATY
The Workmanship Guarantee Scheme has been designed to provide domestic consumers with insurance protection in the event an Installer ceases to trade and therefore is unable to honour their outstanding workmanship obligations. The protection comes in the form of an Insurance Backed Guarantee Policy.
Installers that are part of the scheme may also have the facility to be able to protect a Deposit payment that has been paid to the Installer with insurance protection for a period of up to 60 days. The Deposit Protection is capped at a maximum of 25% of the contract value, up to a maximum Deposit amount of £5,000.
Policies are available for domestic installations for properties used for residential purposes. Installers can choose a policy from 2 years to 10 years, to match the duration of the Installers workmanship guarantee. Please note that the insurance policy does not widen to cover any commercial installations.